skip navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I register my son for baseball?

Online registration for the 2021 season will be opened in early 2021.

  • Why do I need an account for the website?

You can register for (or use your existing) an sportsengine account to be apart of more of what Sartell Baseball offers. 

Once you open a private account you or your players will have their own permanent profiles making it much easier for you in all future communications with the Association. As we move into the season we will continue to offer other enhancements to your account such as; you will also be able to receive team email messages, track your orders/payments, and view team specific web pages, just to name a few.



  • What days of the week will my player play baseball?

Depending on age level for our in-house CMCBL League the majority of your games will be on either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday nights.  Our Travel Teams for Gopher State games will play Monday through Thursday evenings.  Please note that due to field availability, we will schedule games when we can.  

  • Do the leagues include practice?

Based on field availablity, our leagues will offer as many practices as possible.  We cannot commit to a number of practices, but as you have noticed one of the great things with Sartell Baseball is our commitment to growth and increasing the number of fields available for our young players to play on. 

  • What is the difference between try-outs and evaluations?

Tryouts are for players interested in playing on a Travel Gopher State team.  Evaluations are used to make our House - CMCBL teams balanced and more equal teams.

  • When does the season start and when will the season end?

Gopher State starts on mid to late April and will run until the end of July.  CMCBL will start games the last half of May, and run through mid July. 

  •  When is the season-ending tournament?

A CMCBL tournament will be sponsored by Sartell, Foley, or Sauk Rapids at the end of our season in late July. Typically the third weekend in July.

  • How will I get notified of game cancellations?

Based on your registration preferences, your coach or the league will send out a mass-email through sportsengine and/or text message 

  •  What is the difference between Gopher State and CMCBL?

  • Can you tell me more about Gopher State?

  • Where can I purchase Sartell baseball apparel?

Sartell baseball apparel is available several times throughout the year.  Please check our brand page for up to date information and ordering dates.  

  • How do I become an umpire?

If you are interested in becoming an umpire for the 2015 season, please contact Tyler Kiel from the Rocky River Officials at or 320-438-0988

  • Why is my baseball players photo on the website?

From time to time, SBA posts pictures of our ballplayers, coaches and families on our SBA website and social media pages.  If you'd like a photo removed, please contact

  • How can I help with Sartell Baseball?

Our association needs many volunteers.  Some options include head and/or assistant coaches, team helpers, tournament helpers and association volunteers.  Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering.